In the United States, the presidential campaign is held every four years.There are two parties in the country, the Democratic party and the Republic party, each of whom selects their candidates to run for the president.
There have been 44 presidents in the United States.
Among them, George Washington was the first president who served from 1789 to 1797, Barack Obama is the only black one; Franklin D. Roosevelt was the only one who served four terms between 1933 to 1945.
There are also father and son presidents.The near ones are George H. Bush and George W. Bush and George H. Bush is George W. Bush’s father. The early ones were John Adams and John Quincy Adams and John Adams is John Quincy Adams’ father.
There are also presidents who were assassinated in power. It is known to all that Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in his second term. Another three assassinated presidents were James Garfield, William McKinley and John F. Kennedy.
The ninth president was William H. Harrison, who died on his 32th day in office because of a complicated cold.And so the vice president of the office, John Tyler came into power without election and with no vice president to accompany him. Another president who died in his term was Zachery Tyler who served 1year 4months and 5days on his position.
So there were six presidents who came into power without election. They were William H. Harrison’s vice president John Tyler, Abraham Lincoln’s vice president Andrew Johnson, James Garfield’s vice president Chester A. Arthur, William McKinley’s vice president Theodore Roosevelt in his first term,John F. Kennedy’s vice president Lindon B. Johnson, Zachery Tyler’ vice president Millard Fillmore.
Among all these presidents, there are 16 democratic ones, including Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and the current president Barack Obama.There are 18 Republican presidents including Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George H. Bush and his son George W. Bush.
- February 5, 2011 @ 15:05:09 [Current Revision] by Jianhua
- February 5, 2011 @ 14:48:53 by Escritt
- February 5, 2011 @ 14:48:50 [Autosave] by Escritt
- January 22, 2011 @ 00:43:18 by Escritt
- January 22, 2011 @ 00:31:33 by Escritt
- January 21, 2011 @ 09:21:19 by Escritt
- January 21, 2011 @ 08:19:46 by Jianhua
- January 21, 2011 @ 07:45:53 by Jianhua
- January 21, 2011 @ 07:42:21 by Jianhua
- January 21, 2011 @ 06:14:17 by Jianhua
- January 21, 2011 @ 03:23:22 by Jianhua
- January 21, 2011 @ 03:22:02 by Jianhua
- January 21, 2011 @ 03:21:12 by Jianhua
- January 21, 2011 @ 03:20:24 by Jianhua